One Area Distinctive to its Priority and Thrust: “Student Centric, Career Oriented, Value Based Management Education”
Ideal Institute vision is “Creating a path of excellence for the youth and the society through effective blend of management and professional education in tune with rich Indian heritage”. Keeping this ideal in view we at Ideal Institute, apart from academics, firmly believe in building a culturally rich character of future global managers. This very objective is achieved through personal mentoring and feeding the right and timely mental inputs regularly. Thrust is to create physically fit and mentally robust managers. The institution is available 24x7x365 to procreate dynamic student managers. In accordance with this strategic thrust, the institute has embarked upon nurturing students as leading managers.
Our priority is to believe in making a student fathom the granularities of the corporate world. With a distinctive vision of imparting “Value Based Education” and creating future corporate leaders, at Ideal Institute we practice and follow national academic practices, innovative teaching methodology with a focus on 360 degree development of student. Learning and growth is facilitated through various academic and extracurricular activities designed to enhance intellectual and creative capacities of students.
Strong Emotional Quotient, Social Quotient and Intellectual Quotient are inculcated in students through philanthropic stance and CSR activities. We have taken on learner centric pedagogy where the focus is on “Mentor-Mentee” approach with the faculty acting as a friend, philosopher and guide to the students. We tap the potential of each student and nurture them by peer learning and mentoring.
Some of the distinctive features of the College are listed below:
- a) Approved by AICTE.
- b) Academic Excellence
- c) Paramount Infrastructure
- d) Mentoring (24×7)
- e) Transparent assessment
- f) Career Counseling
- g) Placement Cell
- h) Grievance Redressal Cell
- i) Anti Ragging Committee
- j) Extracurricular Activities
- k) Regular Feedback Mechanism from Parents, Alumni & Teachers.
Academic Success: An atmosphere that fosters personal dedication to students’ educational success in a society that values diversity and inclusion.
The Academic Committee, which includes of the Principal/Director, senior faculty members, and Examination, is extremely interested in encouraging personal dedication to the educational success of students at IIMK. The academic calendar is prepared by the coordinator well in advance of the start of the session/semester. Before the start of the semester, faculty members draught the lesson plan and make it available to the students.
Over the last few years, various efforts have been undertaken to transform the teaching-learning environment into activity-based learning. The methods used to modify the academic environment are as follows:
- Changing instructional methods by encouraging faculty members to use PowerPoint presentations whenever possible.
- Use of online information and other video lectures to supplement classroom instruction.
- Students are urged to do a poster presentation as well as an oral paper presentation.
- Each faculty member is assigned 15-20 students to whom he or she serves as a mentor. The counsellor determines his or her ward’s academic and personal issues.
- Both curricular and extracurricular activities are encouraged for the students.\
- Each department organises guest lectures by notable people from industry, academia, and research institutions on a regular basis.
- For seminars, workshops, and conferences, eminent specialists of national repute are invited from academia, organisations, and enterprises.
In addition to classroom interactions, students are given with the following types of learning experiences:
- Work on the project
- Internships in the industry for a short period of time.
- Delivering an oral presentation
- Group discussions/paper presentations
- Using ICT in the delivery and learning process to provide access to e-journals and e-books.
The need of receiving feedback from parents, students, staff members, and alumni through informal interaction is emphasised in order to gain information regarding required qualitative adjustments.
System of Feedback:
- At the end of each session or semester, students provide comments on the instructors.
- The parents of the wards provide feedback.
- Alumni feedback is also collected.
Students play an important role in events such as Annual Day, Sports Day, and other college-sponsored activities, instilling traits such as cooperation, coordination, and teamwork.
Personality development workshops and seminars are offered beginning in the first year to help students improve their communication and soft skills.
Taking on social responsibilities Activities such as planting trees, blood donation, visiting hospitals and interacting with patients, distribution of nutritious food, planting trees, and visiting adjacent villages and assisting people according to their needs.
- Students’ grasp of domain knowledge has improved.
- Increased pass rate and improved results.
- Detention and backlogs are reduced.
- Better placements and a desire to pursue higher education